Re: Re: Power Struggles After Move-In
From: Racheli&John (jnpalmeattglobal.net)
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 13:28:01 -0700 (MST)
** Reply to note from Elizabeth Stevenson <tamgoddess [at] attbi.com> Tue, 11
Dec 2001 09:38:34 -0800

>From Racheli
(Sonora cohousing).

I just wanted to clarify that the power struggles I referred
to aren't only evident at general meetings.  The symptoms
are often apparent at some committee meetings, in email
exchanges, etc.  It has affected (IMO) the atmosphere of
our general meetings so that more often than not they are
a drag, as Kathy pointed out.
There has been a tendency on the part of some to blame
the facilitation in the general meetings: If only we had good
enough facilitators, all (or at least most!) our problems will
vanish.  My own thinking is that while good facilitation is
a useful goal, it's not a cure for all, and will not address,
in and of itself, our basic problems.

R.