Re: Non-ownership based Cohousing
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 11:00:02 -0700 (MST)
On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Rob Sandelin floriferous [at] msn.com wrote:

> There are probably more examples of non-ownership cohousing in the
> non-USA. I know of none  in the US currently, although I certainly don't
> know all the situations.

Depends a bit on what you mean by "Non-ownership based" . Where do coops
fit. Monterey Cohousing http://www.jimn.org/mococo/ has about half of the
units coop and half condo , for historical reasons mostly.  It's a
'full equity' coop I think so the difference from ownership is minimal.

> There was a small subsidized project in Chicago,
> but I believe that was also home ownership model.

This is Harambee Homes tho they may have a new name.  See
http://csf.colorado.edu/cohousing/sep98/0089.html
I'd very much like to hear an update on how they are doing.

Fred

--
1/29/02 The "Crooked" E: How true it is!  (Enron T - shirt)
More info:   http://www.mtn.org/~fholson/sig-detail.htm