Re: community built playgrounds
From: Robert P. Arjet (rarjetLearnLink.Emory.Edu)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 18:59:05 -0700 (MST)
>Partly a good outdoor space for children involves adults letting go of
>their sense of what is aesthetically appealing and tolerating some of the
>messiness that kid-owned spaces entail.

On that theme, when we were looking at playscapes (before we realized how
very, very far that particular cart was before the horse) we were much
impressed with the approach described by Planet Earth Playscapes, who we
found at http://www.planetearthplayscapes.com/  They claim to "travel
throughout the country to create one-of-a-kind, natural, community built,
play and learning environments for children" which, at least in their
photos, look just wonderful.

Robert Arjet
Central Austin Cohousing
http://www.austincohousing.org