Work in Community
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 17:14:01 -0700 (MST)
> I couldn't agree more. I was denied permission to do the work, spend my
> money or otherwise participate in the jobs that were nearest and dearest to
> my heart, the very things that I wanted to live elsewhere than an apartment
> for, that I had thirty years' experience in.

I find the attitude (that more than one community has) that everyone should
do everything and tasks should be assigned on a rotation or randomly to be
so self-defeatist. It's like living at martial arts camp.

People bring to cohousing so many fears of hierarchies and power trips and
superiority. It takes a long time for these to fade.

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org