cohousing in NYC
From: suzanne hirsch (ecohouse2001yahoo.com)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 07:45:02 -0700 (MST)
my name is suzanne,
I live in NYC and i have been working on several
strategies towards forming a communal living
situation. One involves purchasing a house and renting
most of it as a cohousing type household. Being nyc
style, the communal aspect would probably be more
extreme than most cohousing communities, the private
space minimal, but that's common here and it enables
affordability.

I have sent around some flyers inviting prospective
co-owners or renters, and i've gotten some responses.
i think a lot of people in nyc would go for this idea
if they were informed about it or better yet witnessed
it.

I extend this invitation to the cohousing listserv, so
please email or call if you'd like to discuss communal
living in NYC. I'm also working on forming a
network....
phone: 917/450-8434
ecohouse2001 [at] yahoo.com