Re: Cohousing-L digest, Vol 1 #440 - 13 msgs
From: Alicianat (Alicianataol.com)
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 00:00:02 -0700 (MST)
Sorry for the apparent contradiction. My point is this.  Discussion is a
great way to sift through good and not so good ideas. As I understood it,
someone proposed a solution of banning service animals.  If I had a service
dog/animal, and knew that people in my community were meeting to consider
banning my dog, I would not feel particularly comfortable or welcome. Perhaps
this is the same as suggesting that air quality is an individual problems
and, " If you can't breathe in a public space, stay home."  Obviously niether
is a desirable proposition -- or a very inclusive or welcoming solution.
Thank you for the opportunity to clarify.

<<
 >Banning service dogs, or in any way making them unwelcome by making it even

 >an issue for discussion, is in my perspective, very unaccepting and
 >inappropriate.

 I find this somewhat contradictory, and I wonder if Alicia would clarify the
 disctinction between welcome and unwelcoming discussion? >>