RE: Affordable co-housing?
From: Catya Belfer-Shevett (catyahomeport.org)
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 07:09:04 -0600 (MDT)
cohousing-l-admin [at] cohousing.org <> wrote:
> I found a nonprofit agency in Seattle to collaborate with and wrote a
> grant which I received from the state of Washington's Housing Trust
> Fund- after the third try. It gave $125,000 worth of down payment
> assistance to low income families of up to $25,000. It didn't not
> hold up the development process, is available for rural areas and I
> was the only group member who put much energy in to it. I also had
> never written a grant before. Kate N. Nichols, Bellingham Cohousing

Hi Kate,

Would you be willing to share that grant proposal with other groups?  We
won't be applying to the same place, but what worked one palce may well work
another.

        - catya
                              ____
Catya Belfer-Shevett      ____\  /      Interested in
catya [at] pobox.com           \  / \/      Cohousing in MA?
www.catya.org              \/       www.mosaic-commons.org