RE: Affordable co-housing?
From: Casey Morrigan (cjmorrpacbell.net)
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 10:07:01 -0600 (MDT)
In Sebastopol we designated two of our 14 units as "low income" meaning that
the price was lowered at initial purchase.  The city subsidized part of
their purchase.  However, before we ever sold our houses to members we all
had to come up with the cash to build - we had a big "co-pay" with our
construction loan (what's the non-medical term??).  As Rob notes, it is a
multi-million dollar operation needing capital at the start.

Casey Morrigan
Two Acre Wood cohousing