RE: Development Financial Structure
From: Catya Belfer-Shevett (catyahomeport.org)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 19:57:01 -0700 (MST)
> thanks for your financial comments.  How can we change this to
> include lower
> middle income  even if not the poor?

We have a membership structure that requires a 5% downpayment from equity
members - we have a standard schedule for how long it should take to reach
that number, but families can make individual arrangements with the finance
team as needed for their circumstances.

We also have a strong associate status, so people who aren't sure if they
can afford it or not can stay in that role as needed.

All of this stuff is on our website: http://www.mosaic-commons.org

        - catya

                              ____
Catya Belfer-Shevett      ____\  /      Interested in
catya [at] pobox.com           \  / \/      Cohousing in MA?
www.catya.org              \/       www.mosaic-commons.org