Re: Car share club
From: Diane Simpson (cohotheworld.com)
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 20:45:02 -0700 (MST)

Raines, unfortunately some of us can't wait until move-in to plan things like car-sharing arrangements--it has to do with the zoning laws. Boston has a requirement for a certain number of parking spaces per vehicle, and unless you can prove that a certain number of people will be car-sharing or taking the T you're not likely to get a variance. We have already arranged to have a Zipcar on the site. The neighborhood association is giving us a very hard time about the number of parking spots, however, so anything we can do to prove we don't need as march parking as they think we do will be extremely helpful.

--Diane Simpson
JP COHOUSING  617-524-6614
P.O. BOX 420 BOSTON MASSACHUSETTS
HTTP://WWW.JPCOHOUSING.ORG