Re: tyranny of children (was Fifty Plus Cohousing)
From: Robert Heinich (robert_heinichjuno.com)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 15:31:01 -0700 (MST)
Eris Weaver said
> Letting small children run around and make noise during a business
> meeting
> makes it hard for the folks with hearing loss to hear what's going
> on and
> participate.

Here at Eno Commons, the community pays for child care for business
meetings and the other occasional functions.  The adults can concentrate
on the meeting and the kids are being cared for.

For 2002, we had 20 kids that could drop into child care.  While the
total direct child care yearly expenses may sound high, $1,524, it works
out to $2.57 per household per meeting.

Eris, has your community considered the option of providing child care
during the meeting?

Robert Heinich
Eno Commons
Durham. NC