Community Connection Forum in St. Louis
From: Vincent Bates (vincemlc.net)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 15:56:01 -0700 (MST)

The Community Connection Forum is to provide an opportunity for people to
network for the purpose of building close-knit communities.
Topics explored in these regular meetings will be:

>? Intentional Community Development
>? Sustainable Energy and Building Solutions
>? The Ecovillage Concept
>? Legalities & Internal Agreements
>? Building a Core Group / Hosting Additional Meetings

If you have been interested in developing community, currently are,
or are interested in exploring the possibilities that exist,
then please join us in this region-wide exploratory forum.

This event will kick off what we hope to be a string of 'community
dialogues'.
This first one in the area will be held at a new facility in The Grand Center
area
of St. Louis known as The Commonspace.  Convening in this coffehouse
atmosphere in a casual manner during the afternoon on Saturday, March 1st,
we will have various community building materials and information available in
an informal setting from noon until 4:00.  During the next couple hours there
will
be an exercise in consensus building as we begin to refine the following day's
activities according to the collective interest of the group.  This will also
give time
for those coming in from out of town the opportunity to try and make overnight
arrangements.  From noon until 6 on Sunday there will be at least three
separate break out sessions for those interested in particular topics, while
those
who prefer to continue on with general discussion or watch videos on the
intentional community concept may do so.   There will be a wrap up session
toward the end to clarify any further intentions and willingness to paritcipate
in
promoting the cause of community.

Following the planned events will be others of interest in the St. Louis
region;
an sustainability related speaker event, a fund-raising party for the local
IMC,
community dinners possibly open for additional guests, as well as a few Sunday
breakfast brunches available at local restaurant coffeehouse settings.
Depending on the number of participants and level of interest, accomodations
will be made to help make those from out of town feel as welcome as possible.

Those of you who are local and can help in making this most successful --
please do so!  Rides, rooms, and readiness to participate would be much
appreciated.   Additional organizational support and materials would also
helpful, the big thing though is -- get the word out!

The Details:

Location -- The Commonspace
615 N. Grand
  St. Louis, MO  63103
   (314) 531-1707 - a $5 donation would be appreciated
Contact Vince at:  (314) 956-9354 for additional information or questions
vince [at] mlc.net
                           or Bill at tribal_tek [at] hotmail.com
TribalTek.org is your premier source for quality digital web-based content,
in the areas of alternative culture, primitive technology, appropriate
technology, & indigenous sovereignty... www.tribaltek.org !

Looking forward to the existing possibilities that we share in connecting
people
and communities, that we may once again learn to live in a more natural and
less stressful manner, with love and compassion for one another and respect for
the planet, knowing that we are known and can know others in ways that make
life a fulfilling journey - one more community at a time -- together.

Additional promotional materials will be made available, such as a PDF version
of this for hardcopy posting.  Please post this to your web-based event
calenders and put out on your listservs.  If you specifically have requests for
rewording and such along these lines, please let us know via email first
preferrably.  Feel free to call me personally if time critical questions should
arise
on my cell: (314) 956-9354

vince [at] mlc.net
buffie [at] mlc.net