Re: Dishwashers
From: Terri Hupfer (gorditapacbell.net)
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 08:20:02 -0700 (MST)
Well, I had to laugh at Liz' post "That's my story and I'm sticking to it."
Here is my 25 cents on dishwashers. I would get the commercial one because
it makes clean up faster. We are a community of 32 households, who often
have 60 people for common meals, and if we had 2 homestyle dishwashers we
would have to wait through several cycles on both of them in order to wash
all of our dishes from the meal. As it is, clean up people feel it takes too
long, and that's with a Hobart that does a load in about 3 minutes. Now, one
person is mopping, while another wipes tables, and the 3rd is loading and
unloading the dishwasher. We couldn't just "leave the plates till the next
day" as someone suggested. So, I don't know anything about how much water
each uses, and I agree with Liz that they can be noisy and hard on your
back, but I'm attached to ours not because we chose it, but because it is
functional whereas 2 homestyle ones wouldn't be in our large community.

Terri Hupfer
Pleasant Hill Cohousing, CA