Speaking of renters...
From: Marty Roberts (MartyRsonic.net)
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:14:01 -0600 (MDT)

We are wanting to create a renters handbook to give to people that rent someone's house in their absence. It would also be useful to give to renting roommates. this would be something to let them know in a concise way what the general expectations and agreements are in the community. Are there any samples of something like this that you could send me?

Also, do people have a written rental agreement with renters and roommates that includes some expectation of participation? Our experience here so far has been that roommates participate very, very little if at all. This seems very uncohousing-like, but the owners say they need the income from whoever they can get. And one of our houses has been rented out for almost a year to a family that has participated very little (when they do, we love it). Interested in any discussion of these issues.
Thanks,
Marty Roberts
Two Acre Wood, Sebastopol, CA