Re: overburdened "kool-aid" mom
From: Elizabeth Stevenson (tamgoddessattbi.com)
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 13:55:02 -0600 (MDT)
You need to set limits for yourself. Nobody else will do it for you. If you
don't want 8 kids in your house, kick them out! They can play somewhere
else. If you are entertaining them as well, I can see why they want to stay
at your house.

One of the things one learns in cohousing is how to set boundaries, and that
is your task. I don't think this is something all that complicated that
needs you to deal with every parent. The kids are responsible for checking
in with their parents, and their parents are responsible for taking care of
them. If you volunteer to do all the work, people will let you.

Also, in cohousing, you may find that your kid goes to someone else's house
for hours on end as well.

--
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing