RE: Re: Accomodating special needs at meals
From: Casey Morrigan (cjmorrpacbell.net)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 08:59:07 -0600 (MDT)
Thanks for this message. I do think that vegetarians should both join and
advise cook teams.  I believe that is what I meant to be saying when I
talked about cook's choice. In some places, this will be inevitable because
all/most residents cook and frequent meals are scheduled.  At our site, it
is all voluntary as to who cooks.  Reading Liz Stevenson's message about
how food is about hospitality really helped "gel" (free of animal products
of course!) my thoughts on that as well, because that is how I feel when I
am cooking - that I am doing something hospitable for my neighbors. That is
what motivates me to cook.

Last summer (or the summer before??? uh oh) a friend of one of our
residents came and taught a Thai cooking class.  Then we had a Thai meal
for the community.  Now there is a great model for introducing good food
ideas. We had fun that night.

Casey Morrigan
Two Acre Wood
Sebastopol