Re: Writing community guidelines
From: Diane Simpson (cohotheworld.com)
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 19:05:14 -0700 (MST)

Our membership committee is in charge of bringing the topics before the group, but the whole community gives input to the final policy. We're not "living there" yet, but we've discussed a fair number of issues.

The way it has worked so far (Emily can correct me if I'm wrong; she's on this list):
1) We have a big stack of issues from last year's retreat
2) Membership committee brings a topic before the group
3) We break into small groups and discuss the topic
4) The feedback from the three small groups is summarized at the meeting
5) People with divergent viewpoints on the issue form a task force
6) the task force meets and comes back with a final proposal

This is the way it's supposed to work anyway, we'll see if it works out.

--Diane(:^]

JP COHOUSING  617-524-6614
P.O. BOX 420 BOSTON MASSACHUSETTS
HTTP://WWW.JPCOHOUSING.ORG
"The people who surround you define the quality of your life."