Writing community guidelines
From: Paul Abramson & Sonja Eriksson (pase6560pacbell.net)
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 13:21:22 -0700 (MST)
I am a member of a committee working on guidelines for living in our
cohousing community.  This "Living Here Guide" will contain policies on
pets, children, renters, etc.  We have seen samples of what other cohousing
communities have written as guidelines but would like to know the process of
how the guidelines were written.  Specifically, how much input and
decision-making was there on the part of the community as a whole?  And how
much was delegated to the committee in charge?

Sonja Eriksson, member of Oak Creek Commons Cohousing, Paso Robles,
California, where the first homes will be completed in January.