Re: Urban cohousing - Grace Kim
From: Raines Cohen (rc2-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 09:28:43 -0700 (MST)
On 2/4/04 8:08 AM, Grace Kim <gracekimarch [at] msn.com> wrote:

>Here is the list I have and the contact person (no name means no
>contact - would greatly appreciate one)

The Cohousing Association of the United States may be able to help. Many
communities have removed email contacts from the list because of spambots
(and, alas, because of frequent requests for people to spend hours doing
the work for researchers with reqewsts not unlike yours). We often have
further data, plus back issues of our directory, with additional contact
info. We're in the process of revising the contact list system to prevent
the abuse and to make it easy for communities to specify who wants to be
contacted for what.

>I would love to add to this list...with your help.
>If you live in one of these communities and have time/interest, please
>download survey and complete as much of it as you can (specifically the
>demographics portion - if you're website has the general
>info/plans/photos,
>please provide link and any credits that I should cite in my documentation.

This is a pretty broad request to just broadcast out there. I'd suggest
making contact with communities and building the relationship, doing a
little more legwork so they'll meet you halfway. Visit The Cohousing Co.
which has extensive files and data. Help organize the existing data so
that future researchers can do more with less impact on communities. Look
up Graham Meltzer -- he's done lots of work in this regard.

Raines

Raines Cohen <my initials,2,dash,coho,dash,L at my first name .com>

  Member, Swan's Market Coho [Oakland, CA] <http://www.swansway.com/>
Spending 10 minutes discussing spending $10 on a new washing machine knob.

  Secretary, Berkeley [CA] Cohousing
Where we all-but-approved the budget and identified annual tasks.

  Supporter, East Bay Cohousing <http://www.ebcoho.org/>
Where the Cohousing Co. presented an offer on a site. Fingers crossed!

  Boardmember, Coho/US <http://www.cohousing.org/>
Helping to create cohousing conference calls - stay tuned for details.