Re: sound proofing materials
From: James Kacki (jimkackimb.sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 21:30:18 -0700 (PDT)
Tectum is used a lot in school gyms for minimizing echos etc. from sound waves bouncing off the hard surfaces. It is not an especially pretty material for residential use but I suppose it may depend on how it is used. To solve a sound problem, one really has to know what the problem is , specifically. Could you elaborate?
James

LK Dingeldein wrote:
My community has asked me to make an inquiry on our behalf about low/non-toxic soundproofing materials. Our Common House has a sound problem. Other cohousing communities have recommended using a material called tectum some time ago. It tectum the product of choice? Has it effectively addressed the sound and environmental health issues? Is there another, better product that could do this?
Thanks!

Libby Kelley Dingeldein
Milagro Community
Tucson, Arizona