Re: Communications
From: Berrins (Berrinsaol.com)
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 22:41:57 -0700 (PDT)
Email and word-of-mouth are probably the most common means of communication,
but neither will necessarily reach everyone.   General information and
committee reports are placed on the bulletin boards, but few people actually
read the
boards on a regular basis.  For stuff that needs to be seen by everyone,
leaving messages in all the cubbies and posting notices in highly visible
places
works well.   Cubbies are good for larger communications (ie, more than one
page) and non-imminent date-related things.   Time-sensitive notices that need
be seen are often taped to the front door of the common house and/or on
people's front doors.   These messages will often refer to the reports on the
board
(which are also emailed) or the information placed in the cubbies.   With all
this going on, anyone saying they weren't informed simply isn't paying
attention.

Roger Berman
Pathways Cohousing
Northampton, MA

     Where Spring has brought the sound of 'dozers and heavy equipment
wafting through the woods from construction at our soon-to-be neighbors, Rocky
Hill
Cohousing.