Re: peak oil preparations?
From: normangauss (normangausscharter.net)
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 23:15:09 -0700 (PDT)
Preparing for catastrophe should be based on probabilities derived from
historical data.  If there is no history, then the probabilities can be pure
fantasy.  That is what happened in the Y2K fiasco.  There is also no history
on world-wide oil depletion; again fantasy and speculation is all we have.

On the other hand, if you live in a disaster prone location, (i.e. history
of recent severe earthquakes, or hurricanes, or floods) it is wise to
prepare for the eventuality of catastrophes.  People near earthquake faults,
or low-lying hurricane prone beaches, or river bottoms should plan for the
eventuality of severe "acts of God".  To do otherwise is foolish.

Norm Gauss