resale of cohousing untis during down markets
From: Fran Davis (fdavishbsyahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 15:06:37 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Folks,

        I'm exploring possibilities re co-housing but am
concerned if I need to sell in next few years about
how co-housing tends to hold up in the downturns (such
as is currently being warn of in the US these days).

 I know that units tend to turn over reasonably easily
these days.  I am told that it's because it's a
specialized demand for which not much product is
available, and that most places have waiting lists for
units.

        However, the real estate market has been hot these
past several years, and I'm wondering whether that's
why units have been able to sell.
So I would like to ask those who have been around a
while what happened with cohousing units during soft
or  declining real estate markets?
For example, what happened with cohousing units in
California during the
1990s, in Boston during the late 1980s or early 1990s,
in Houston
around
1990, or similar bad real estate markets?

  Any experiences or observations to share would be
GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Fran Davis