Re: elevators
From: Jeanne Goodman, JP Cohousing (goodmanjjpcohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:28:02 -0700 (PDT)
Pat,

At JP Cohousing in Boston, we were committed to every apartment being reachable by the elevator. I believe the elevator cost about $90k. I'm not sure what we scheduled for maintenance. We have walkways on each floor so that one can get to any unit via the elevator. The one important lesson we learned is that the elevator mechanical room is in a very public area in our basement. The hydraulic oil gives off an unpleasant odor. They gave us an additive which takes the edge off, but it was something that should have been spec'd differently.

Jeanne

----- Original Message ----- From: "Patricia Chadwick" <pchadwick [at] internews.org>