Re: CID assessments paying for social events
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 15:41:50 -0800 (PST)
Unfortunately, two new units were sold recently by realtors and no agreements were signed by the new owners acknowledging that they understood we were a cohousing association. All they knew was that we are a simple HOA. I think to suddenly declare "Surprise! You owe us for social expenses" is not defensible in a court of law. I think that they can refuse to pay the surcharge if they want.

For all condos, a packet of information must be transmitted to the owners that includes all the bylaws and covenants and community rules as well as budgets and financial statements.

How did you avoid this?

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines