RE: Landscape Design/Pedestrian Paths
From: Prescott Nichols (pnicholsindigoarch.com)
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 09:34:56 -0800 (PST)
Consider pervious concrete paving. It is just like concrete paving, only no
sand is added to the mix. Makes excellent parking areas and footpaths. Has
some limitations, like not for busy roadways or play surfaces. It looks like
a rice crispy cake in cross section. We've used it successfully for several
civic projects in California's central valley.

For more information, including benefits, limitations, and installed
examples: http://www.concretenetwork.com/pervious/index.html.

Feel free to contact me for more information as well, including a technical
specification for the work.

  _____

Prescott Nichols, AIA
mailto:pnichols [at] indigoarch.com