RE: Cohousing-L Digest, Vol 26, Issue 6
From: Eris Weaver (eriswsonic.net)
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 12:46:31 -0800 (PST)
Maggi wrote:
> Do members pay for meals?  What do you do if someone in your
> community doesn't like to cook, or is a bad cook?

Meals are $4/adult, $2/kid. Sometimes for a really special, elaborate
meal, like Thanksgiving dinner, we'll charge a little more. People who
don't like to cook mostly do it anyway, although there is one member who
doesn't like to cook but doesn't mind cleaning up who has partnered with
someone else who loves to cook but hates cleaning up, so they swap
around. Cook/cleanup teams consist of three people, with one being the
Lead, so people who don't feel like they cook well just don't sign up to
lead! Anybody can chop, stir, etc. when directed clearly.

Our meals run the range from simple to elaborate, all tasty. Some of the
vegetarians complain there's too much meat and some of the meat eaters
think there isn't enough meat; some of those trying to lose weight think
there's too much dessert/high fat food and others wish there was dessert
more often....in general, if everybody is complaining about the same
amount, then things are probably just about right!

eris