Re: Cohousing-L Digest, Vol 26, Issue 5
From: Mary English (Mary.Englishhsc.utah.edu)
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 19:22:11 -0800 (PST)
Are meals an optional or required work expectation in your
      community?

At Wasatch Commons, meals are not in the required work expectation.  We
had frequent meals at first after move in, and then they became fewer
and fewer over the years. There has been talk of requiring everyone to
cook, but nothing yet has come about.

As for my opinion on requiring everyone to cook, I don't even try to
eat my own cooking, and anyone would have to be suicidal (or at least
foolhardy) to have me cook for them. People who want to cook are also
usually the better cooks.