Re: Nonviolent Communication (NVC) --analyzing or...
From: amelia roache (claymandalayahoo.com)
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 17:14:39 -0700 (PDT)

  Thanks All,
  The process of NVC allows for analyzing in that we process judgements in
order to come to conclusions FOR THE SAKE OF MEETING NEEDS.  Sure, we think,
create opinions, etc.  Yet, please continue to be present to the unique human
expression(s) that are willing to consider your unique expression.  Where's the
intent to meet other's needs and invitation to others to be present to meeting
(mine) if we simply conclude by logic that one way is the 'right way" or the
best way to 'fix" something?

Herveys <hervey [at] proaxis.com> wrote:
  I'm a member of CoHo (Corvallis, Oregon). I'm an engineer by education and
practice. One of the useful outcomes of our use of Compassionate
Communication (aka - NVC) has been my somewhat unexpected willingness to
listen to people who don't use analytical reasoning as the basis of their
decisions. Several times, in general meetings, as the tension is rising,
and my dissatisfaction at folks not seeing the logical outcome of the
information being discussed is peaking, someone will say, "I don't
understand the need behind this issue." And the conversation suddenly
switches. When we talk about the needs that we are trying to meet, the
solution usually becomes apparent.
Richard Hervey

Ever wish you could live next door to your best friends?