Re: Reserve Studies (and aging in place)
From: Jim Snyder-Grant (jimsgnewview.org)
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 12:22:12 -0700 (PDT)
We have read that most condos are under-funded, and the dynamics are
as Rob describes.

In contrast, at New View, we've been here for 10 years now, with only
3 turnovers among the 24 households. It looks and feels like a bunch
of us are in it for the long haul. I describe this as my terminal
house. People here used to laugh, now they nod.

With another neighbor, I'll be sponsoring a series of discussions this
fall about aging in place at New View. My cosponsor had a stroke this
Spring, the main effect being partial (left-visual-field) blindness.
Suddenly she needs a lot, and the community has done a decent job of
coming through for her. She and I want to generalize from that
experience, and learn more about how we can help create and nurture
that support as time & morbidity catch up.

-Jim