Re: Making 'Clean Energy' Pay
From: R.P. Aditya (adityagrot.org)
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 13:02:03 -0700 (PDT)
There are plenty of incentives around in the US too, and opportunities to form
energy coops pretty easily, esp. in Cohousing communities. At Great Oak in Ann
Arbor, MI, we have our own, cooperative, "clean energy" project for the Common
House that didn't require a lot of complex setup (organizational or technical)
yet has provided a considerable return in just one year!

  http://gocoho.org/blog/?p=12

Many renewable energy projects require only minimal infrastructure to get
started, and all the complicated tie-ins can happen down the line easily (with
a bit of planning) -- so our experience tells us to recommend that when
building, make sure you provide an insulated chase for pipes from the attic to
the basement (apparently required for new homes in Ontario) or wherever you
have your water heater(s)!

Thanks,
Adi
Great Oak Cohousing