Re: Dining room size / was "So what does it cost"
From: Herveys (herveyproaxis.com)
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:02:50 -0700 (PDT)
Sharon Villines discussed dining hall size and common meal attendance as a
function of the size and diversity of the community.  I found myself
wondering if part of the phenomena is similar to what a Unitarian minister
once told me, which was that once the sanctuary gets 80% full, attendance
levels off.  People don't feel comfortable if they don't have substantial
choice in where they get to sit or when there is a lack of unused space
available.

I have no direct experience, as we have only just recently started
construction.  And I'd be interested in whether the above supposition feels
right to some of you with greater experience.

Richard Hervey
CoHo Ecovilliage

Ever wish you could live next door to your best friends?
<http://www.cohousing-corvallis.com/index.shtml>