Re: Senior's needs? (was Achieving age diversity)
From: Andrew Netherton (andrewnethertongmail.com)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 06:09:12 -0800 (PST)
Thank you all for your feedback.  There's a lot to chew on there, and
some good insights I hadn't heard before.  I will try to reign in my
parenting side a bit, now that I know some of the story from the other
end of the age spectrum.

I can figure out how to accommodate for limited mobility, and can at
least understand how to deal with hearing loss, but how does one
accommodate for the memory-impaired?  Or is it sufficient to
understand that memory impairment is an issue for some senior
residents, and that whomever we select to design our home will need to
address that?  I'm curious as to how such solutions manifest
themselves.

Thanks again, everyone.  Please keep on sharing!

Regards,
Andrew Netherton
Laurel Creek Commons (forming)
Waterloo, ON, Canada