Save the Date: March 24, Tumblerock Forming Community Event at Nomad Cohousing, Boulder, CO
From: Deborah Mensch (deborahmenschgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 16:39:26 -0800 (PST)
We're excited to announce the first public event for Tumblerock! We
are a forming group, planning to build a new community in the
Boulder/Denver/Golden area. Our founding families will be converging
in Boulder on March 24 to meet with Colorado folks interested in
learning more about our community.

Please join us on Saturday, March 24, from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., at the
Nomad Cohousing common house (1460 Quince Ave in Boulder, 1/2 block
east of Broadway; best parking is in shopping center parking lot in
front of Nomad Theatre; there's a SKIP bus stop on Broadway at
Quince). We'll provide snacks, drinks, a space to mingle, and a look
at our community vision so far. Watch this space for more details as
the date approaches.

We are planning to have child care available. If you would like to
bring your child(ren), please use the contact information below and
tell us the number of children and their ages.

RSVP is appreciated so we can plan a great event, but not required
unless you need child care.

Community contact person for child care, RSVP, or questions: Deborah
Mensch, deborah-tumble [at] bitgems.com or (925) 689-2429.

More information about Tumblerock:

We are working to build our membership on a strong, shared set of
values and goals. Our core values are:
  - Family/Intergenerational Orientation (an interconnected,
child-friendly culture that also respects the needs of adults)
  - Sustainability (a community that lives lightly on the Earth and
stewards our human resources wisely for the long haul)
  - Quality of Life (flexible facilities for a variety of lively and
contemplative activities, and a relaxed pace of living that helps us
relate to each other as human beings first)

The name "Tumblerock" is inspired by the idea that members of a living
community are like rocks in a polishing tumbler – the longer we stick
around, the more we smooth each other's sharp edges. While we
anticipate that a rich, shared community vision will guide our
decisions going forward and promote harmony, we also recognize that it
is shared experience that will truly make our connections strong.

We plan to build an intergenerational community, including families
with children and adults of all ages without children. There are five
children ages 2-9 in the group so far, and we hope to find new members
who will add to our age diversity, as well as families with children
who will grow up with ours.

See you in Boulder March 24!

-Deborah Mensch
Member, Tumblerock forming community, Boulder/Denver/Golden area, Colorado
Member, Pleasant Hill Cohousing, Pleasant Hill, California