Re: Bayview Cohousing Now Under Construction!
From: maggiedutton (mduttonshaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 08:42:46 -0700 (PDT)
Raines wrote:
> It will be interesting to participate in Common Meals "together" in
> this environment, because you don't need to eat in Second Life. I
> suppose you can, but somehow I can't imagine the same feeling without
> the smell and taste and nutrition of the food. At least nobody has to
> do the dishes afterwards, either.

Since shared meals in the common house are such an important part of the
bonding in cohousing, it will be interesting to see if the "residents" of
Bayview Cohousing become a close knit group without food being involved.  I
am so glad my Avatar will be able to maintain her shape. It is difficult to
describe what a hilarious experience it is to be in Second Life...at least
as a newcomer.  It will also be a great way for groups to meet or for
conferences to be held.  See this link http://www.conferenceisland.com

I managed to get to Etopia Island last night and look around a bit.
Unfortunately my computer can't quite keep up and somehow I lose connection
often.
Zev...How soon do you think you will have the community built?  We would
like a two bedroom unit with lots of office space because we are both
working from home these days:)  It will be great to have others to interact
with in this way to help with the isolation factor.
A couple more questions...Why is it a rental project?
Cohousing traditionally has meant that a group comes together first and
designs their life together usually resulting in ownership.  Are you
including future residents in your planning and development process?
I am particularly interested in what model of governance will be used.
Excitedly,
Maggie Dutton,
www.sociocracyinaction.ca
virtually known as Maggie Nagy in Second Life, owner of the Sociocracy group
there, just getting underway.