Accountability for doing community work or workshare
From: Joani Blank (joaniswansway.com)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 05:59:42 -0700 (PDT)
Listserve Friends,

Over the years, I've read here a number of threads dealing with systems that cohousing communities have for ensuring accountability for members doing their share of the community work.

I know that some communities have a person who agrees to monitor the work system (both regular tasks and community work day contributions), and to speak with anyone who fails to do the work they've agreed to, as well as assuring that no one person does way more than his or her share, all the while becoming increasingly resentful.

I also know that some communities have an option for buying out of both regular jobs and work days, the idea being that the money thereby collected could , at least theoretically, wholely or partially pay for the community to hire an another community member, or more likely an outside contractor to do that piece of the work.

My question today, is as follows: Can anyone tell us what OTHER ways in which community members are (or could be) held accountable for doing their share of the work.

Joani Blank
land line (preferred): 510-834-7399
cell: 510-387-1315
joani [at] swansway.com