Tales of the District -- A Mystery Novel Set in Cohousing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 05:46:27 -0700 (PDT)
I'm forwarding a message from one of our residents at Takoma Village Cohousing in DC about her novel which has just been published on the website of our local paper. It's funny, tender, and a mystery -- you can't go wrong. and the protagonists live in cohousing.

Tales of the District is a serialized novel, written by Rachel King.  It is set in a cohousing community in Washington, D.C.  Evoking the style of Charles Dickens and Armistead Maupin, "Tales" is an amusing, fast-moving story of three characters maneuvering through life in the nation's capitol in the post-September 11 political climate.

The story explores themes of terrorism, sexuality, vegetarianism, the Democratic Party, and most importantly, what it means to be a family and live in community. Once you start reading it, you'll be hooked.

Please type out http://www.takoma.com/lit  A new chapter will be added each Friday, and chapters will be archived so you can read previous chapters if you miss them.  Please comment on the blog and spread the word!

Professor Rachel King
Howard University School of Law
307 Notre Dame Hall
2900 Van Ness St. N.W.