[Fwd: Brattleboro Reformer - Rockingham housing plan draws concern of neighbors]
From: Stuart Joseph (stuartcaercoburn.org)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 11:40:18 -0700 (PDT)

We had our first meeting with the Rockingham Zoning Board.

Here is an article about our presentation before the Zoning Board.

We were able to answer some the concerns voiced by the attendees, but not all of them, either because we weren't supposed to actually answer the folks directly or they didn't apply to this stage of the project.

We are not building on the ridge line as the article says but if folks think we are, it probably will raise a lot of comments.

Veda invited anyone that wanted to meet us or see the property to come to the Apr. 14 meeting.

I handed out a number of business cards and told the group that if they had any questions, to contact us or visit the web site.

The Board decided to visit the site, with Kathy (our engineer) as tour guide, to help them make their decision. The visit is scheduled for Apr. 7 @ 12:00 PM. If the weather is iffy or the trails impassable, the visit would be postponed until Apr. 28.

The application process was continued to the April meeting of the Zoning Board to allow time for the site visit. If the visit doesn't happen until the end of April, it will be continued to the May meeting.

Kathy did a great job in her presentation and answering questions from those attending.

Our lawyer, Ray Massucco, was also there and he was able to answer some concerns from a legal standpoint. I believe it also helped because he knew the folks and he lent credibility to our project.

Here's the link to the article- unfortunately, the online version doesn't have my
picture like the newspaper does. <grin>

http://www.reformer.com/ci_5492781