Re: insurance
From: Bud Tillinghast (htillingsbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 09:35:46 -0700 (PDT)
Out of curiosity, what will be the price of that unit?

Bud Tillinghast
Eureka

On Jun 14, 2007, at 9:29 AM, Leah wrote:

We are a 13 unit cohousing development that is expected to be completed in August. (by the way, we still have one unit available!) We have carried liability insurance from the time of construction until this week, at which time it runs out. At some point, we will be able to start our HOA insurance but we are thinking that won't be until construction is over in less than 2 months. The contractor has insurance but the insurance we had before would cover anything that was not considered the fault of the contractor and was blamed on us as the developers, including legal costs. For us to renew this it would be $1800 regardless of the fact that it is for such a short time. They would not reimburse us for using it for only part of the year. The insurance agent says most people don't get this kind of insurance and just take a chance that no one will get hurt. What have others done?
  Leah Schindler
  Bear Creek Village
  Ashland, Oregon