Re: SPAM filter on Community's EMail Address?
From: Stuart Joseph (stuartcaercoburn.org)
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 08:29:19 -0700 (PDT)
I agree. Having been in business for years, you want to make things as easy as possible for customers whether they are buying something or asking for information.

There is a reason that you get order blanks, pre-addressed envelopes, etc. when you get catalogues and junk mail.

Ellen Keyne Seebacher wrote:
robert [at] enocommons.org asks:

I have been very tempted to enable this service but have a concern
about putting off folks who want to know about us.

Your thoughts?

Don't do it.  I have a strong visceral reaction to businesses and
organizations who want me to jump through hoops to email them, and
that's to throw a rude gesture at my screen and forget about ever
contacting them again.

If you *want* people to be able to reach you, don't make it harder.

        Ellen Seebacher

Stuart Joseph, 802-463-1954
Project Director
Caer Coburn, a traditional village based upon cohousing  and intentional
communities in
Rockingham, Vermont, USA
http://www.caercoburn.org
Mail to: