Halloween options
From: ae (aeone.net)
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:27:37 -0700 (PDT)
I'm not much of a participant here, but had a suggestion about
alternatives to candy for Halloween.

We buy pencils, crayons, colorful erasers, and little tablets and such to
give out, in addition to some Halloween-themed toys. Oriental Trading has
plenty to choose from, as do most craft stores. We look for marked-down
crayon sets all year, especially ones that are special in some way, like
being double ended, or swirled colors or such. Everyone gets to choose one
or two things, depending on how much I've amassed by that point.

We live in a very urban neighborhood, and were a bit wary as to what the
reaction would be. We were very pleasantly surprised.

Alice
ae [at] one.net