Re: Seeking input on compassionate HOA calculation
From: Mac Thomson (macheartwoodcohousing.com)
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 07:35:59 -0800 (PST)
Our HOA dues have a 50% fixed component and 50% variable based on number of people in a household. The monthly range ends up being from about $100 (household of 1) to about $200 (household of 6) per month. I think this formula has generally served us well.

We also have a voluntary humanitarian fund. Members pledge a monthly donation and it shows up on their HOA bill. That money is then available for households in need.

For details see our Budget and Assessments agreement:
http://www.heartwoodcohousing.com/AGREEMENTS/BUDASS.html

Cheers,
Mac

--
Mac Thomson

Heartwood Cohousing
Southwest Colorado
http://www.heartwoodcohousing.com

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."
      - Abraham Lincoln