Re: Owning units in cohousing communities as tenants in common
From: Eris Weaver (eriserisweaver.info)
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 07:22:07 -0800 (PST)
Joani said:
                > So I'm wondering if anyone has purchased a 2, 3 or
more-bedroom unit
                > in a cohousing community and owns it with another
individual or
                > couple as tenants in common.

Eris sez:
Here at FrogSong (Cotati, CA), we have one unit that is owned that way,
although it was NOT originally purchased that way!

M&T, a couple, had purchased a 4-bedroom unit. A, a single person, had been
on our waiting list and wasn't able to purchase a unit. A eventually ended
up renting a bedroom from M&T…the whole arrangement worked so well for all
of them that M&T offered A the opportunity to purchase a (1/3?) share of the
home. A agreed, and as far as I can tell they've all lived happily ever
after.

eris [at] erisweaver.info
707-338-8589
http://www.erisweaver.info