On Cohousing Bus tours
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 05:30:30 -0800 (PST)
(1) Have you taken a cohousing bus tour?
(2) If so, what did you like about it?
(3) What would you like to be different?
(4) Are you attending the Feb 2 Northern California East Bay Tour?

Taken? Yes
- I've taken two cohousing bus tours (presented by Coho/US in Northern
California & Denver)
- In 2006, I led one Seattle-area Coho/US cohousing bus tour and two
Seattle-area FIC intentional community bus tours that included
cohousing communities

What I liked:
- Chance to see cohousing communities of several styles in a short
period of time
- The perspective of the tour guides... they were quite well informed
- How easy it was (to take, not lead) - just show up and enjoy the
ride and communities
- The passion or juice that the people living in cohousing had about
their lives together
- Talking with others interested in cohousing on the bus itself
- Community is expecting to be visited and friendly toward group
- They were very well organized, great logistics, comfortable bus

What I would like to be different:
- Free/Cheap; I would prefer that others just pay for my share of the costs
- Timing; I would prefer that they were scheduled around my needs
- Time per community; more time at some and less at others
- Start/End; I would prefer that they picked me up and dropped me off
wherever I wanted

Attending Northern CA East Bay tour (Feb 2 '08 http://cohousing.org/tours.aspx)?
- No, wish I could, but can't be in area
- I plan to attend one of the other three California tours (May 3, Aug
9, Oct 25 - http://cohousing.org/tours.aspx)
- May also take one of the pre-Conference Boston tours (June 12-15 -
see http://cohousing.org/conference_2008.aspx).

--
Craig Ragland
Coho/US Exec. Dir.