Re: Why I live in cohousing
From: pattymara [at] juno.com (pattymarajuno.com)
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 11:23:01 -0700 (PDT)
Dear all,
I've been reading these posts with interest, and as someone who has lived in
Tierra Nueva for our full ten years, I'm wondering how any of these lovely
neighborhood stories are simply because you live in cohousing?  All of the
comments I've read could be made about a thriving neighborhood or town or
extended family, where folks talk to one another, help each other out and play
together well.  All of these things are not exclusive to cohousing.

I'd like to hear some thoughts about something unique to living specifically in
cohousing that couldn't be found in a lively neighborhood or extended family
group.

In thinking about sustainablility and the real environmental and personal costs
of designing, building and eventually living in a brand new bunch of houses,
I'm not so convinced it is worth the effort when the same benefits could be
found in other arenas of connection and good neighboring.

coheartedly,
PattyMara Gourley

www.pattymara.etsy.com

The goal is not to bring your adversaries to their knees but to their senses.
-- Mahatma Gandhi