Fwd: Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage business needs your help - and it's easy!
From: Mac Thomson (macheartwoodcohousing.com)
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 11:08:04 -0700 (PDT)
Begin forwarded message:

From: Alline Anderson <rabbitak [at] yahoo.com>
Date: September 26, 2008 9:40:05 AM MDT
To: hedgpeth [at] berkeley.edu, smecovillage [at] yahoo.com, sanda [at] cohousing.org, tamgoddess [at] gmail.com, interest [at] swansway.com, sdfeinfo [at] gmail.com , tomgarlick [at] earthling.net, karen [at] hesternet.net, alcalaruth [at] hotmail.com , roger [at] trilliumcreek.org, info [at] triplepointcohousing.org, kimwadedc [at] hotmail.com , 2acre [at] pacbell.net, 2acre [at] sbcglobal.net, info [at] cohousingpartners.com, yulupa [at] sonic.net, info [at] casaverde.us, lizette [at] greyrock.org , jlightburn [at] mho.com, info [at] hearthstonecohousing.com, ginnycowles [at] comcast.net , contact3 [at] heartwoodcohousing.com, emoryamb [at] earthlink.net, mac [at] heartwoodcohousing.com , jim [at] highlinecrossing.org, vincd [at] frgcentral.net, information [at] nylandcohousing.org , rrcontact [at] riverrock.org, information [at] wildsagecohousing.org, info [at] prairieonioncohousing.org , prairieonioncoho [at] mac.com, bcr33 [at] insightbb.com, meg [at] mosscost.com, indianacoho [at] yahoo.com , hozer [at] hozed.org, info [at] manitouarbor.org, norafaber [at] gmail.com, info [at] newberryplace.org , nick [at] sunward.org, maggi [at] intranet.org, nick [at] cohousingdevelopment.com, Joelyn [at] cohousingadvocates.com, ehrbar [at] econ.utah.edu , info [at] arboretumcohousing.org, aslloyd [at] mailbag.com, fassnach [at] ssc.wisc.edu Subject: Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage business needs your help - and it's easy!

Dear Cohousing Friends,

My name is Alline Anderson. I have been a member of Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage in Northeastern Missouri since 1999. Building a village from scratch based on ecological principles is the hardest and most rewarding thing I’ve ever done. I am writing to ask for your help. If this feels like spam I apologize. I’m just really excited and need the help of our extended community – and helping is pretty easy.

Our business, the Milkweed Mercantile (a strawbale, solar & wind- powered B&B/Organic Cafe/ Green General Store) at Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage, has made it to the finals for a $10K award with a website called Ideablob. As improbable as it sounds, the winner is determined each month simply by who gets the most online votes.

We are currently in second place behind a well-connected, well-known design firm. Actually, we are getting slammed – they are wiping the floor with us, and then coming back for seconds.

I believe that if everyone we know votes for us and then asks just one other person to vote for us, we could pull it off. What an amazing feat for a little Ecovillage in rural Missouri! A win would not only provide funds to help purchase our wind turbine but would gain incredibly positive national visibility for green businesses, renewable energy, Ecovillages, Cohousing communities, intentional communities, the FIC and FEC, straw bale builders, and a more sustainable way of life.

Please help!

Between now and midnight on Tuesday, September 30th, you can vote for the Mercantile by registering at http://www.ideablob.com After you register you will be directed back to your email to confirm your registration. The Mercantile's application is called "Strawbale Business Opens." It takes less than 3 minutes. After voting you can simply ‘unsucscribe.’

Proprietors Kurt and Alline ask (beg, plead and grovel) that you ask at least one friend, family member or colleague to vote. This is one of those times when one person really CAN make a difference.

A bit more about The Milkweed Mercantile:

A new privately owned business at Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage, the two- story, strawbale solar and wind-powered Milkweed Mercantile is nearing completion. Included in the spacious building are a four- room Bed & Breakfast Inn, a Cafe and an Eco General Store, which will serve the local community and tourists to the area.

Hundreds of people who visit Dancing Rabbit annually will now have the opportunity to experience green living (solar & wind power, bathing in rainwater, sleeping in a handcrafted strawbale building, eating local organic food), seminars on everything from organic gardening to home energy efficiency, as well as the beauty and serenity of the prairie landscape: star-filled skies, fireflies, wildflowers & songbirds. Our hope is that they will take away tools for a more sustainable life.

The goal of the Mercantile is to be a business incubator for members of Dancing Rabbit, and to support the local farmers, gardeners, businesses and community in general. The business is profit sharing, cooperatively run, based in sustainability & genuinely earth-centered.

Our website: http://milkweedmercantile.com
Our photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/milkweed/sets/72157603900100835/

Thank you for your consideration and support! If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call me!

Alline Anderson and Kurt Kessner
Milkweed Mercantile
660-883-5634

www.milkweedmercantile.com http:// ecovillagemusings.blogspot.com/ "Dr. King didn't get famous giving a speech that said "I have a complaint." It's time for us to start dreaming again..." Van Jones