Re: Community Improvement Grant Panel
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 16:16:59 -0700 (PDT)
Just in case Dave doesn't follow Coho-L... your involvement on the
Community Improvement Grant panel will be entirely online and,
possibly, by phone.

I'm not on that panel, but I can state this definitively because
almost all Coho/US work is done remotely, via online and phone...
though some of us really enjoyed working together in person at the
National Conferences (next one is in Seattle in June of 2009). Hugs
can be really great - and hard to share remotely.

There is no Coho/US office... we all work out of our homes - though
some, in addition, do Coho/US work while at their day jobs. Very few
of the board or staff members live close enough to see each other
often. Some of our current board members and staff have never met each
other "in the flesh."

As oil prices start to skyrocket over the coming decades, this type of
distributed "workplace" will become very common for a great many
people. It will be interesting to see how cohousing communities
evolve... co-offices?, new common house features? A few cohousing
communities already have some great stories in this realm... I hope
somebody from Pioneer Valley in North Amherst picks up on that
comment.

Craig