Re: A Conversation on the Economic Crisis: How To Do It?
From: Donna Freiermuth (editorcohousing.org)
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 18:26:45 -0700 (PDT)
Craig, I don't think the conversation would focus on creating new cohousing. Instead, I wonder if it would be helpful to imagine the broadest scope and then decide if it's too broad to approach in one conversation.

I'm being presumptuous but I imagine that those feeling the most uncertainty right now include • people trying to sell units in any kind of cohousing (from brand new to existing retrofits) and that includes foreclosures; • forming groups at every stage, as well as • cohousing professionals.

Another tack during this planning stage could be to invite those interested to pose questions they would like the panel to address. That could define the scope as well.

donna

Donna - and others,

What seems implied by the list of leaders so far, is that this
conversation may be focused on creating new cohousing? (although Rob,Rick, Jim,
Katie and Laura all live in different cohousing
communities).

Is this about creating new communities - or does the scope include,
say, foreclosures on existing cohousing homes? Or would foreclosures and the
risks of them be dealt with in a separate, future call?

Craig