Re: Course proposals for continuing education?
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 07:50:56 -0800 (PST)
Hello all --

In her post on this subject, Sharon mentioned the Cohousing Game a.k.a. The Time Line Game (TLG) originally developed in 1991 by Bruce Coldham, Architect, who holds the copyright. The game was refined in 1995 by Mac Thompson.

Cohousing Collaborative obtained the rights to the game and GREATLY expanded it. TLG is the fastest and easiest way to learn what goes into building a cohousing community -- both the bricks n' mortar AND the social community building aspects. Through TLG you can quickly see the arc of the development process, the many and varied tasks needed to develop a community and the roles members and professionals each play in this undertaking. We offer facilitated workshops using TLG for groups that are forming and/or those that are considering a joint venture development relationship w/ a professional developer.

We also have a DIY (Do It Yourself) version available. You can check it out on our website:

http://tinyurl.com/9ltnl9

TLG can be modified to fit development strategies other than a joint venture development model.

If there is an available spot we hope to run TLG as a pre-conference offering at the 2009 CohoUS conference in Seattle in June. If not, we'll at least have it on display. The conference is going to be HOT this year so I hope to see you there. Sign up early!!

AZ

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village