Re: Course proposals for continuing education?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 07:52:49 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 6, 2009, at 11:26 PM, Ellen Keyne Seebacher wrote:

Sharon Villines and Ann Zabaldo suggest the Cohousing Game as a basis
for a course

But it would give you the talking points for a presentation since they are defined clearly on cards. I would talk to the Cohousing Collaborative to see what you can work out with them. For a non- commercial use, you might be able to just see them while at the same time giving CC credit and some publicity. You wouldn't have time to do the game and the people there wouldn't be interested.

Sharon, your other thoughts are quite helpful, though we're still
pondering how to fit ideas like a history of intentional communities
into a two-hour continuing-ed session!

Easy -- 5 minutes. It doesn't have to be complex. Just a definition will be enough for most people to get the idea. They don't have to have a lot of information to understand that this is not a new concept.

While maybe 20% of the people will be there to jump into something new, most won't. They need reassurance that this is not weird. Even mentioning historical context will do this.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing,Washington DC